Based on its latest Fireworks-Related Injury Surveillance 2022 report, the Department of Health (DOH) said there are already four fireworks-related injuries reported, as of December 24 (6 a.m.).
“Currently, the four total fireworks-related injuries is equal to the number of injuries reported during the same period last year,” said the DOH report.
The report said boga caused three of the injuries, while the other one is due to 5-star.
One case sustained blast/burn injury without amputation, while three other cases sustained eye injuries.
Three of the four injuries, according to the DOH, involved active cases or those that actually used the firecrackers.
It also noted how all injuries occurred at home, particularly in Ilocos Region, Bicol Region, Western Visayas, and Central Visayas.
All four incidents were also managed by sentinel hospitals as outpatient cases.
On the other hand, the DOH said there was no reported case of fireworks ingestion.
There were no reported cases of stray bullet injuries, according to the DOH. (HDT/SunStar Philippines)